I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Saturday. I understand what a challenging time this time is, but I want all families to be informed as to any updates we receive. PS 88Q is completely adhering to all citywide procedures and protocols. I want to update all of our families of some new guidelines we received as per our Chancellor on Friday, March 13th
- All assemblies, performances, shows, recitals, and concerts are to be postponed.
- All parent-teacher meetings (including IEP meetings) will be held via phone.
- All Parent Workshops are cancelled
- All field trips at this time are suspended
- All school created before school/after school, Saturday programs are suspended at this time (Chorus, Music Enrichment, Disney, Law Club, Morning Test Prep, Basketball, Cooking Club, CASA Flamenco)
- PTA Meetings are cancelled
All city schools have received the appropriate supplies. Our amazing custodial staff has been cleaning around the clock, including nights and weekends. Our nursing staff has all of the guidelines and supplies needed. Our administrators, teachers, guidance counselors, paraprofessionals, school aides, secretaries, cafeteria staff and parent coordinator are here to ensure your child is in the safest and best place ever! If your child is not feeling well, for any reason, it is always best policy to remain home. If you would like to continue the learning at home, we have many resources. We have prepared packets for your child as well as some online resources if you would like. Students have access to their I-Ready accounts at home as well as MYON. I know that nightly homework sometimes consists of these programs. The NYC DOE has also supplied a link for students who are at home. If you would like additional paper materials, please reach out to your teacher, and we can provide that.
As always, feel free to communicate any concerns with us. Enjoy this beautiful weekend and we will see you Monday !