Words For Success: UPDATE
Our Tab has been updated with the words!! Encourage your child to incorporate these words at home. They love using them all day at school.
We are excited to begin our Word for Success protocol. Beginning Tuesday, November 12, our “Words for Success” initiative will begin. As you walk around on Tuesday, you will see around the building the word ANALYZE, which will kick off the initiative.
Each morning, Mrs. O’Shaughnessy will introduce the “Word for Success” for that week, along with information about the word.
- On Monday, Mrs. O’Shaughnessy will introduce the word and provide a student friendly definition of the word.
- On Tuesday, Mrs. O’Shaughnessy will share “shades of meaning” or synonyms of the word.
- On Wednesday, Mrs. O’Shaughnessy will share the part of speech of the word.
- On Thursday, Mrs. O’Shaughnessy will share the word in a sentence.
- On Friday, Mrs. O’Shaughnessy will shout out any students observed who used the word and/or share any model sentences the students wrote with the word in it.
Check back every week under the ACADEMICS TAB and the WORDS FOR SUCCESS TAB for the weekly words.